Learning IBM Bluemix
by Sreelatha Sankaranarayanan.
- File Size: 1010 KB.
- Print Length: 483 pages.
- Language: English.
Download Learning IBM Bluemix:
Description of Learning IBM Bluemix:
Learning IBM Bluemix
- The first book in the market to leverage the power of IBM Bluemix
- Shows developers how to develop and deploy applications on the cloud effectively using IBM Bluemix
- A comprehensive guide to help you get to grips with IBM Bluemix using a sample application
IBM Bluemix is an open-standard platform for building, running, and managing applications on the cloud. With Bluemix, developers can build excellent applications with various computing options and DevOps tools.
Learning IBM Bluemix will take you on a journey from the basics of IBM Bluemix to working with the platform to develop and deploy a new-age application. The sample application use cases employed in the book will introduce you to the transformative nexus of cloud, mobile, and security, all enabled through capabilities provided out-of-the-box by IBM Bluemix. The book will help create a sample mobile application using various Bluemix services, and will demonstrate how Bluemix makes life easy for all types of developer.
By the end of the book, you will have understood the benefits and use cases for IBM Bluemix, and will possess the skills to further explore the platform and thus develop, deploy, and secure your own innovative, new-age applications.
What you will learn
- Discover IBM Bluemix as a PaaS platform and learn about its three delivery models
- Develop and deploy a “Hello World!” application on IBM Bluemix using the Cloud Foundry command line utility and the Bluemix console
- Extend your application by using the API or services provided by IBM Bluemix
- Create an application based on microservice architecture
- Leverage an on-premise software to build an application on IBM Bluemix
- Scale and monitor an application on IBM Bluemix
- Explore the three open source compute options on IBM Bluemix and work with each
- Build a real-world mobile application on IBM Bluemix based on visual recognition
About the Author
Sreelatha Sankaranarayanan has more than 15 years’ experience in software development. She has been with IBM for close on12 years. During her career, she has been involved in product development, support, and testing, primarily working on enterprise middleware products. In her most recent role, she was responsible for evangelizing and enabling System Integrators on IBM’s Cloud Platform as a Service:Bluemix. She has also co-authored a redbook, authored developerWorks articles, and written a few blogs on the Mobile Enterprise Application Platform (MEAP), Internet of Things(IoT), and Cloud Platform as a Service (Bluemix). You can find her on Twitter @sreelathasandLinkedIn https://in.linkedin.com/in/sreelathas.