VMware NSX Network Essentials
- File Size: 699 KB.
- Print Length:.
- Language: English.
Download VMware NSX Network Essentials:
Description of VMware NSX Network Essentials:
VMware NSX Network Essentials
- Learn how VMware NSX fits in a vSphere Environment, and see implementation use cases
- Leverage all the gateway features and design decisions
- Get to grips with NSX-v Security’s features, automate the security, and troubleshoot a variety of problems
NSX has transformed data center networking by introducing security and automation in Software Defined Data Centers (SDDC) . Software-defined networking is highly dynamic and helps organizations scale their data centers. By making use of the feature-rich services in VMware NSX, organizations can improve their CAPEX and OPEX. This book provides a comprehensive coverage of various software-defined networking features offered by VMware NSX.
The book begins with a high-level overview of NSX architecture and the NSX core components, as well as the benefits it offers when it comes to traditional data center networking. As you get familiar with setting up NSX manager, you’ll get an understanding of the various design considerations and constraints that need to be taken in to consideration while creating virtual networks and performing logical routing.
You’ll get tutorials on constructing and maintaining virtual networks, troubleshooting them under specific failure scenarios, and you’ll see how software-defined networking helps meet dynamic business needs and operations.
By the end of this book, you will appreciate how NSX has unleashed data center networking and security in the SDDC world by bringing agility in network provisioning. With the help of policy-driven security features, you will see how NSX makes network security achievable inside the data center perimeter and how it can reduce infrastructure provisioning time from weeks to minutes.
What you will learn
- Deep dive into NSX-v Manager, Controller deployment, and design decisions
- Get to know the strategies needed to make decisions on each mode of VXLAN that is based on physical network design
- Deploy Edge Gateway and leverage all the gateway features and design decisions
- Get to grips with NSX-v Security features and automate security
- Leverage Cross VC, identify the benefits, and work through a few deployment scenarios
- Troubleshoot an NSX-v to isolate problems and identify solutions through a step-by-step process
About the Author
Sreejith.C is a Solution Consultant at Mannai corporation based out in QATAR. He specializes in Storage, Virtualization, Private, Public, Hybrid Cloud, and SDN. He determines customer requirements and designs VMware Cloud-based solutions architectures spanning VMware’s product portfolio from the vCloud Suite to meet the functional and business requirements of various sizes and across verticals.
He holds various advanced and professional certifications: VCAP-CIA,VCAP 55-DCV,CCNA-DC, VCP-NV, VCP-CLOUD-5/6, VCP- 6/5/4, EMC-ISA, EMCISA-V2, EMCIE, and MCTS-AD2008. He has instructed multiple candidates on EMC and VMware Technologies on a wide range of products such as Symmetrix, VMAX, vCloud Director, VCNS, NSX and vCloud Air.
Sreejith is married to Sthuthi and they are blessed with a beautiful daughter called Naomi.
I would like to dedicate this book to my family who have immensely helped in my career and last but not least, my colleagues with whom I have worked so far in VMware and Wipro Technologies.